Simple tips to Raise Your Storage Space
SHIELD TV users increases their storage area for apps and games by installing USB drives (or SD Cards if supported) to displace their present internal storage space.
Things to understand before you can get started:
1. It becomes encrypted to your SHIELD TV and can no longer be used interchangeably with other devices such as personal computers or cameras when you format an external drive as internal storage.
2. Instead, you are able to create your outside drive as detachable storage space for sharing files, nevertheless, you can not install apps and games to storage that is removable. By using a USB drive to talk about content between SHIELD and a PC, you need to install it as removable storage space.
3. It effectively replaces your current interior storage space once you format an outside drive as internal storage space. You certainly will no further manage to utilize storage area on your own current interior storage space for setting up big game files. Because of this, ensure that the brand new space for storage is bigger than your present storage that is internal. SHIELD television Pro (500 GB) users will in all probability desire to utilize external drives as removable storage space.
4. Just one outside storage space unit could be arranged as interior storage space at the same time.
5. Remember to work with a microSD card with a Class 10 rate score or greater or perhaps a USB 3.0 drive. Slow SD cards or USB drives can lead to reduced performance in apps and games.
Note for higher level users: New apps and games will choose the storage that is new for installation unless the application calls for the .apk file to install to interior storage space. Large .obb files will always install towards the brand new unit storage space.
set-up procedures: 1. Insert the storage that is external. If you do not see a pop-up, visit Settings > Storage & reset and choose the drive that is external record.
2. Choose ‘Set up as interior storage space’ to format the storage space unit. Warning: this may erase any present information regarding the drive that is external.
3. Choose ‘Move now’ to accomplish the put up. This task is mandatory so that you can set the brand new storage space as interior storage space. It’s going to go data from interior storage space to your storage that is new unit.
Q: we have SHIELD television professional and have 500 GB storage that is internal. Should this feature is used by me? A: If you possess SHIELD Pro, it’s not suggested to create an outside drive as interior storage space as it typically doesn’t seem sensible to restore your 500 GB of storage space.
Q: Can I unplug my storage space unit after formatting as interior storage? A: It is not suggested considering that the storage space unit is formatted not to make use of other products. To properly unplug, very very first eject from Settings > Storage & reset > Eject. Failure to eject will cause applications to crash.
Q: After formatting as interior storage space, a software doesn’t introduce. Exactly what do I Really Do? A: First reboot your SHIELD TV. In the event that software nevertheless does not introduce, go directly to the Bing Enjoy shop to see if an update is had by the app. Start the Bing Enjoy Store > My Apps and install any updates that are pending.
Q: App or game performance is sluggish. So what can I Really Do? A: Internal storage space will give you the performance that is fastest for apps and games. If you decide to utilize external storage space as interior storage space, remember to utilize a sdcard with a course 10 rate score or greater or a USB 3.0 drive. Here you will find the suggested USB 3.0 flash drives.
Q: Where are the storage space places in a File Explorer? A: The contents regarding the present user-defined interior storage space can be located in The other storage space location can be bought as a subfolder known as “InternalStorage”, “SDCard”, “USBStorage”, “SanDisk” or such with respect to the kind of storage.
Q: Does the encryption decelerate the read/write rate of my sdcard or USB drive? A: Efficiency differences when considering interior storage space and SD cards or USB drives must certanly be extremely minimal provided that a microSD card with a course 10 rate score or greater or a USB 3.0 drive is employed.
Q: Can we access the encrypted facts or USB drive by linking my SHIELD to my PC? A: Yes. The contents of the storage space can be located at The other storage is found as being a subfolder named “InternalStorage”, “SDCard”, “USBStorage”, “SanDisk” or such with respect to the sort of storage space if you create your SD card or USB drive as internal storage.
Q: Can I alter my storage location back again to SHIELD storage that is internal by using this function? A: you can move data back to internal storage and start using that location again as the default place for app and game installations if you have enough free space on SHIELD internal storage. Head to Settings > Storage & reset and choose ‘Internal Storage. Then select “Move data now.”