Study in Singapore, the new Asian economic powerhouse. Singapore offers international students a high probability of in-country employment after graduation. Singapore is an anglicized version of the name 'Singapura', which means the 'Land of the Lions'. Singapore is an excellent study destination for Indian students. The visa process is simple and hassle free as well. International students have the option of completing a top-notch course that is on par with what is being offered in the UK and the US, at a much-cheaper cost in Singapore. Being very proximate to India also means cheaper air-fare.
* Affordable Education– Many of us wish to move overseas for our higher studies. However, the high cost of education in foreign locations often acts as a deterrent to our plans. But Singapore is soon emerging as a viable alternative for world class education at an affordable cost. The tuition fees of the universities and colleges and the cost of living in Singapore is far less than that of Australia, UK or USA.
* High Quality Educational Institutes– Just because the cost of studying in Singapore’s universities and colleges is less, does not in any way mean that the institutes compromise on the quality of education being imparted to students. In fact, Singapore has some of the best educational institutes in the Asia- Pacific region. The education system of Singapore offers as much scope and innovation as of any other developed nation.
* International Exposure– Singapore hosts students from more than 30 countries, which means that students moving to Singapore for their higher studies will get a chance to acquaint themselves with cultures and ideas of different nationalities.
* Job Opportunities– Singapore has established itself as a hub of global economic activity. Many reputed organizations from around the world are setting up their campuses in Singapore. As per one estimate, Singapore has about 26.000 international corporations. Economic activity at such a large scale means that there is no dearth of job opportunities in the country for the graduates.
* Safety– As far as the safety of international students is concerned, Singapore has a policy of non-tolerance towards ragging and other kinds of physical and mental abuse, both on the campus and off it. Also, the people of Singapore have a very warm and welcoming attitude towards people from other countries.
* Computing and Information Technology
* Business Management
* Design (Fashion, Interior, Game) Management
* Hospitality and Tourism Management
* Engineering and Science
*S P Jain School of Global Management
*SIM Global Education
*Curtin University of Technology
*James Cook University
*Management Development Institute of Singapore
Here are the eligibility requirements to study in Singapore
* For UG candidates – 10th & 12th score sheets
* IELTS – 6.5 Band minimum
* TOEFL – 90 minimum
* For Under Graduate programs – Private universities need at least 65% in 10th and 12th
* Public Universities need at least 90% in the 10th and 12th
Benefits of studying in Singapore are plenty. Among them Reason to Choose to why Study in Singapore are listed below:
1. Best education system:
Best student city ranking has ranked Singapore in the third place because of its internationalized education system. The western education system is followed by Singapore. It also promotes independent learning system for students.
Moreover, Singapore is familiar with business courses among Indian students. It is a business-friendly country.
2. Most comfortable language for foreigners – English
English is the language comfortable for most of the population in the world. This makes international students feel more comfortable in this foreign land. The education system in Singapore has also adopted English as its official language.
3. Singapore – the cleanest and safest island:
Singapore is well known for its cleanliness. It is also named as Garden city due to the presence of a number of trees in the streets. Cleanliness is given priority in Singapore and severe punishments are levied on people who overrule it.
The strict law and order maintained in Singapore make it the safest place for international students. Singapore colleges and universities strictly prohibit ragging both inside and outside the campus.
4. The most affordable Education system for foreign students:
Though many wish to study abroad, very few are successful in their dream. This is due to the high cost of education. But Singapore has become an exception from the above criteria. When compared to studies in the US, the UK, and Australia, Singapore has become cost-effective.
5. Expose to international culture:
Singapore has become an educational hub for students from almost 30 countries. This provides the biggest opportunity for the students to get adapted to different cultures.
6. Good Job Opportunities:
Singapore is the hub for global economic activity. Many multinational companies have started their campus in Singapore. The number of international organizations in Singapore is around 26000. This count makes Singapore high in job opportunities.
Apart from the above international students can enjoy plenty of benefits in Singapore.
7. Popular courses to study in Singapore:
Singapore is famous for management courses first let us look at the management courses to study in Singapore:
* International Master of Business Administration
* Global Masters of Business Administration
* Master of Business Administration in Aviation
* Dual MBA
* Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
* Certificate courses in management studies
The most popular engineering courses to study in Singapore are:
1. Civil Engineering
2. Electrical engineering
4. Mechanical engineering.
8. Singapore scholarship for Indian Students:
* International Graduate Award
* Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award
* INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship for Emerging Country Leadership
* Science and Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
* Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
* Amity Global Institute Merit Scholarship
* Presidents Graduate Fellowship