• Modern Italy has been ranked as the world’s 25th most-developed country.
• Italy enjoys a very high standard of living. It has a high public education level.
• Italy is also one of the world’s most globalized nations. It is a founding member of what is now the European Union and part of the Eurozone.
• After its quick industrial growth, it now ranks 84th in the world for ecological sustainability.
• Italy has become one of the world’s leading producers of renewable energy, ranking as the world’s fourth-largest holder of installed solar energy capacity and the sixth largest holder of wind power capacity in 2010.
• Italy is fifth most visited and highest tourism earner in the world.
• Currently, it is the world’s seventh largest economy.
• Italy was one of the founders of the EU and is a member of the Group of Eight (G8), a forum for eight of the world’s most powerful nations.
• Italy is one of the most popular countries for vacations.
1. Highly Ranked Universities
The country is the best choice for students to pursue education not just because of beautiful landscapes, but Italy has got some of the top private and public universities. According to the Guinness Book of Records, the University of Bologna is one of the oldest universities in Europe. The university is operating without any interruption since 1088. There are many world-known universities in Italy, which provide high-quality education to national and international students.
2.Affordable Country for Students
Italy provides high quality of life, but at the same time, it is affordable for international students, compared with other countries of Europe. International students can easily afford the tuition fee, accommodation charges, cost of living, and other expenses. Usually, it depends on which part of Italy you are studying, as there are some cities like Rome, Milan, Bologna, etc., which are expensive. The Italian universities also offer scholarships to their international students; you can get more information from the university website.
3.Many Courses and Study Programs are Taught in English
One of the significant hurdles in studying abroad is language. If you are good at the Italian language, there won’t be an issue, but the country has designed various courses and study programs in the Italian language to attract international students. Few cities like Rome, Siena, and Florence are famous for extensively offering English language courses. There are also various courses which are taught in both English and Italian.
4.Plenty of Higher education Options
Italy offers various courses in almost every field to pursue higher education. However, the country is known for its courses in arts, architecture, fashion, history, design, and culture. In recent years Italy has emerged as one of the best destinations to do research work and offer every needed facility to international students. Italy has also included various modern courses in its higher studies, and one should not forget some of the greatest thinkers belongs to the country.
5.Well Planned Transportation Around the Country
The country has a well-organized transportation system, making it easier for the students to commute from one city to another and even within the city. The transportation facilities like – bus, train, cab, or trams are affordable. Besides that, the country is well connected with European and Non-European countries through all the major cities of the country. The country is equipped with around eighty-seven airports and seventy-seven railway stations.
6.Food and Beverages
Everyone knows Italy is famous for its authentic and delicious Pizzas, but you can get a huge variety of amazing cuisines, food, and beverages throughout the country at a reasonable price. Most of the Italian restaurant’s menus are dominated by fresh and seasonal produce. Italy is also famous for its world-class wine.
7.Pleasing Weather Conditions
Italy is having some of the most pleasurable weather in Europe. The country is moderate at temperature and warmer than other countries around. Throughout the year, you can view the beautiful blue sky. The weather conditions are enough to motivate you for studies, just have a walk on Italian streets and experience the sunshine, your mood will be uplifted instantly.
8.The Hub of Art Architecture and Fashion
As we mentioned above, Italy boasts its traditional values and cultural heritage. The country is also known for archeological monuments, sites and got a rich history. The students who want to pursue Art, Architecture, and Fashion courses, Italy is the best studying abroad destination for them.
9.The Picture Perfect Natural Beauty
It isn’t easy to decide which is the most beautiful city in Italy. The whole country is full of beautiful cities, locations, and sites. Every city has its own history and culture. The country also offers exciting nightlife. The Italian cities never sleep, and international students may have the opportunity to enjoy the magical vibes of nightlife.
Italy is known to welcome tourists and international students. That makes a friendly atmosphere for students not only in campus but outside of it as well. Sometimes it becomes tough for international students to mix with the locals, but you don’t need to worry about it in Italy. The friendly nature of Italians will make you comfortable, and more importantly, you won’t have homesickness.
If you are opting to study in Europe, Italy should be your first preference. The quality of education, highly ranked universities, weather conditions, fresh farm food, vibrant and friendly people, exciting night, and passion for soccer is something that will provide you life time experience.
• The living cost is economical in Italy.
• The hostel facilities, labs, research and accommodation facilities are perfect.
• There is remarkable international exposure, highly trained and skilled professors.
• There is an option of paying in instalments and scholarship for the deserving candidates.
• Some Public Italian universities offer free MBA for Indian students.
• Private universities in Italy costs around 25 lakhs for Indian students.
• Globally Recognized universities in Italy
• Italy offers some affordable study options.
• English being used as the medium of teaching.
• No cumbersome procedure of donations.
• Some of the universities in Italy are amongst the top-rated universities.
• The admission procedure is quite simple.
• Less chances of visa rejection.
• The eligibility criteria for pursuing MBA in Italy varies as the universities are public or private.
• No prior work experience is required to pursue MBA from Italy.
• Italian universities are not regulated by a central body thus requirements differ.
• Some of the criteria required are as follows:
• An equivalent bachelor’s degree (3-year or 4-year course).
• Minimum age must be 21 years.
• Basic knowledge of Italian language is a must.
• Minimum 60% academic score for Indian students.
• Some universities conduct their own entrance test exams for MBA admissions.
• Most MBA programs in Italy do not require work experience.
• Recommended work experience is at least 2 years after graduation.
• Studying Italian language is not mandatory for applying apply for MBA in Italy.
• This is because most MBA programs are taught in English.
• However, students are recommended to learn Italian.
• Learning the basics of Italian language, enhances interaction with others.
• Students can build network better knowing the local language.
• While finding jobs after MBA, it is easier for students to prepare for and crack the interview.
• Applications are filled online.
• Students just need to scan and convert the mandatory documents in PDF or JPG format.
• Upload the documents online.
• After submitting the documents, candidate gets an email to confirm receiving of documents.
• This indicates that application has entered the selection procedure.
• University responds to the candidate within a few weeks after submission.
• Students must apply for the course within the deadline as delayed applications are not accepted.
• The requirements for MBA programs may vary from one university to another university.
• Although, some of the requirements are similar for all the universities.
• Following mandatory documents are required by almost every university:
• A recognized undergraduate degree.
• Transcript of student grades.
• Proof of language proficiency (English or Italian)
• 2 to 3 years of work experience which is an optional requirement.
• Reference and motivation letters which are optional.
Mandatory documents required for VISA are as follows:
• Valid passport
• Copy of passport data page
• Application form
• Cover letter explaining the reason for application of VISA
• Letter of admission from Italian university
• Degree certificates and Marksheets
• Proof of funds
• Demand draft of fees
3 to 4 passport size photographs.
Italian universities offer many scholarships to international students. There are various government and university scholarships open for international students. Here is are a few popular scholarships available in Italy :
• University of Milan offer scholarships
• “Invest your Talent in Italy” program
• EDISU Piemonte Scholarships
• Bologna University Study Grants for International Students
• University of Pavia International Scholarships for Developing Country Students
• Università Cattolica International Scholarships
• University of Bologna Study Grants
• Bocconi Merit and International Awards
• University of Padova Scholarships for All Degree Courses
• Scuola Normale Superiore Phd. Scholarships
• Politecnico di Torino International Scholarships